"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An attempt to Ebay...and other farm happenings

Well, today I move outside of the farm to embark on my first experience with Ebay sales! I have bought from Ebay in the past....many Dept. 56 Halloween items and even my dressage saddle. However, I decided it was time to attempt my "novice" skills at Ebay selling to try and rid our home of some of the junk my husband & I seem to accumulate.

After making my first round of sales, I was excited and felt accomplished....until it came time to ship off the items to their new owners.

Failure #1: The print shipping labels online [for convenience] feature did not work! After speakking with several different help desk representatives, none of which I could understand[!], I was still printing shipping labels with the word SAMPLE stamped across them. So much for convenince.

Failure #2: In taking the advice of what Ebay suggested to list my shipping cost as for each item, I successful PAID someone else to take my junk! Yes, that is correct...I under charged in shipping costs and ended up paying out of my pocket just to get rid of all this crap :/

Failure #3: Maybe this one is more like icing on my cake for the day... After packing all these boxes up in my car in the parking lot of the post office, trying to juggle them all into the place and waiting in line to ship them {and digging into my pockets to SHIP them all], I get back into the car, look on the passenger seat, and sitting there like a shinning pot of gold at the end of a rainbow is another stinkin' package I FORGOT to take in with the rest. *SIGH*, time to get BACK IN LINE. grrrr

While I am sure it could have been worse, it's certainly a lesson learned for me...CHARGE SHIPPING AFTER you find out where you are shipping the item too.

In a side note from the farm, I am sad; I think Simon, one of our feral turned social kitties, is coming down with something. He has guk coming out of his eyes ;/ And being the true novice I am, especially in the cat department, I am clueless on how to help him until he sees a vet. Tomorrow him & his brother, Bradley, will be moving to the wonderful rescue Love-A-Stray, where I know those ladies with take wonderful care of them until they find their forever homes!

No comments: