"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Guess Again


I decided that I need to stay up late the next few nights if I want to have new products ready for Saturday's Farmer's Market - ugh - I loath staying up when all I want to do is crawl into bed!


I opted to take a stab at an apple bread recipe I have rather than try a second attempt at my canned apple pie filling, thinking it would take less time! Well, here I am, almost midnight and just completed something that I started at 7pm! I might as well have canned!! Not to mention the cost of half of those fancy, schmancy ingredients you need when making bread! I'd have to charge $20 a loaf to make a profit from it! No worries on the 4 hours slaved in the kitchen!!


In any event, I must say, it looks scrumptious! I'll find out tomorrow when my always honest taste-tester of a husband tries a slice!


No comments: