"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, October 19, 2009

A Case of the Mondays!

UGH *banging head on desk, banging head on desk, banging head on desk*

It's Monday. It's finally beautiful, October weather outside. We have loads of apples that still need picked. I am sitting at my desk, inside, at work. UGH

Here we are at almost the end of October and we finally see a fall October day *sigh* It is days like today that I think of all the things I could be doing....would rather be doing.....

There is still so much to do on the farm to prepare for winter. Allen just finally felt better yesterday; it was a long week/end of being sick and down for him. I have been taking my Vitamin C and bleached everything I could so hopefully I will be in the clear. The LAST thing we need is for me to now get sick.

I got more canning done yesterday; more pear butter and apple pie filling. The Quince are ready and I had one order for them and the person no-showed. "Hmpf!' How rude!!

This week we have a 14 bushel order for Wednesday and I am working late the next two nights - yikes - how are we going to get that one pulled off!

I've been running through my head all the things that need done before winter, but none of them seem of any importance...even though they are....when we still have apples on the trees. The picnic table needs moved off the grass and stained. The garden is still 'in tact'! It all needs pulled out and tilled...needless to say, I never got my tulip bulbs in yet. Grass seed in the pasture needed planted - I doubt that will happen!

The list just goes on and on....while I sit here...at work, *banging head on desk, banging head on desk*

No comments: