"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, November 23, 2009

The Dramatics

In following along with the never a dull moment theme, I thought I would touch on a nice, dramatic event from the weekend!

Saturday my niece came over. We were getting ready to take her to the Candlelight Walk and I UNintentionally locked us all out of the house. I figured this out when I realized I didn't have my purse! In true dramatic fashion for my husband, this was the worst thing that could EVER happen to us. Well, when you have a 5 year old with you, how do you think they react to this!

As Allen is ranting and raving and telling me how stupid I am, my niece proceeds to tell him "Auntie is NOT stupid, you are!" - oh I could see how well this was going to go.

So I asked Allen if he has a credit card on him and he keeps saying no. I can't understand this because he has his wallet on him. I wanted the card to try and pry open a door lock - he thought I wanted to card to charge a locksmith fee to it! (WTF?!)

To make this long story less long, after a good 15-20 minutes of trying to figure out what to do and my husband freaking out, I now have my 5 year old niece worried that we were going to have to sleep outside, that we'd never get into the house again, and wanted to be reassured we really were locked out of the house!

I voted to bash in a window on the garage door - my husband disagreed. Finally, I got through to him in regards to my credit card idea. Without elaboration, we finally got into the house with a few extra tools we happened upon! The first things out of my nieces mouth then were, "I have to pee and Auntie, I am so happy were are back in the house. Aren't you glad we are back in the house? Now we don't have to sleep outside"!

No comments: