"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, November 16, 2009

You are NOT a horse


Another interesting weekend of events on the farm.


Saturday Whinny ate a pound and a half of horse feed I had soaking for Romeo & Gypsy!!! Her poor little belly swelled about 5x its normal size and you could tell she was in pain.


I gave her 2.5 tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide via a syringe to get her to throw up. Needless to say, she was moving it out both ends for the next 24 hours or so!! Allen slept with her on the couch so he could take her out easily when she needed to go. Oddly enough, he had to leave at 4am the next morning for hunting and I woke up to a few accidents on the wood floor, which was ok. However, the front [carpeted] room was blocked with chairs and I walked in to see throw-up EVERYWHERE with a strategically placed lysol can and roll of paper towels! I guess he was trying to make it look as though he attempted to clean it before he left, but a spray can of lysol is NOT what you clean up a soiled carpet with!!!


For a good hour or so, I felt like Cinderella, on her hands and knees, scrubbing the carpet. I swear, if the carpet wasn't attached, I would have just pulled it up and threw it out!!


SO - on top of all this, later in the evening on Saturday night, Allen and I took the dogs for a walk in the orchard. It was dark out and I head a 'meow' - I turned around and asked "is that the cat" as sometimes Lucky or Savannah will follow us on our walks. The next thing I know, I see a gray kitty and for a split second, assume it's Lucky until I see it is much smaller than Lucky and lurches onto Allen's pant leg....still meowing! It's then that I realize it is a kitten so I tell Allen to hurry up and get it in the house.


He is the friendliest little thing - I am guessing he is about 3-4 months, very playful and LOVES people. So here he is, at work with me today! I swear, my house must have a neon sign on it that says "CATS COME HERE"!


1 comment:

meemsnyc said...

Hahahhaha, I think we have the same neon sign at my house. We used to have 2 cats, now we have 3.