"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, January 11, 2010

Weekend Round Up

So the dogs photo shoot on Saturday actually went pretty smoothly.....other than Mossy laying a FAT, STINKIN' Pile as soon as he got there ;) The girl who shot the photos said she'll be emailing them to me soon; I am excited to see them. And, she said she's pretty sure they'll make in appearance in the calendar! Woo Hooo :)

Savannah was good for another few laughs yesterday while I was FREEZING cleaning stalls. Actually, between the horse rescue and my own horses, I was outside yesterday from 8am-4:30pm.....and I had to wear Allen's Carhartt's because mine were frozen (don't ask!). Clearly Allen and I do not wear the same size so you can just imagine how that worked! By the time I got into the house, I felt like my face was on fire. Anyways, back to the topic at hand.....Savannah. I guess shavings are more appealing to her than kitty litter because her new routine seems to be to use the horses clean shavings as her potty - ewwwww - thankfully I am cleaning stalls while she does this so I can clean up after her too. *sigh* And as I have mentioned, clearly I give the horses special water, while hers is obviously just mediocre, so she insists on drinking out of their buckets.

Here is a pic I snapped of her yesterday on my cell. She decided to stand on the frozen water of one bucket to sip water out of the unfrozen bucket next to it! This morning, after Allen watered, she got her front paws on that black bucket and while drinking, she was also tipping it forward. I am sure Gypsy appreciated the river running through her stall on a 10* morning!


In other news, my most favorite Dutch Oven pot was ruined, or so I thought! Without many details, my husband was cooking venison for chili in it and the after product was a charred pot! I was devastated! I tried to cook it off with water and vinegar but it didn't work this time. Then, as if it was meant to be, I stumbled upon a post by Shirley, of the blog Shirley's World, Miracle of the Burned Pot. I had nothing to loose, so I tried it, and it was a MIRACLE! My pot is usable again! And to celebrate, I think tonight I will make a fryer chicken in it :)

1 comment:

Pony Girl said...

Funny how cats are about fresh water. The kitty I had growing up, would walk up next to the raging river my parents lived next to, to drink water. I was always so terrified she was going to fall in! She loved that fresh mountain water.
The kitties at my mom's stables use the arena as their personal litterbox. Blech! Remind me to always check my boots after I'm done in there! :)
p.s I love the quote under your header, in fact, I hand painted my mom a sign for Xmas with that on there! :)