"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Wind Down

Today was a busy one. We had our niece & nephews birthday party to attend and they are calling for 80 degree weather here all week so Allen wanted to work on getting in as many tomato and pepper plants as we could. We got about 60 or so in.....and still have more to go! And that also doesn't include other things waiting for us like cucumbers and members of the squash family! Allen is also working on some raised beds, one of which will be for the Strawberry plants I received at a plant swap a few weeks back.

This morning Allen got up for barn chores and he snapped this beautiful photos on my cell cam.
Look at this first one.....can you see the spider web? He said there were spider webs galore glistening in the morning sun. I love when they have dew drops on them too!

I love this one too. The orchard looks so gigantic; like it goes on for miles and miles!


And this evening, I snapped this one of my Scarlett Verbena coming up! I planted it in an old galvanized pail that used to belong to Allen's grandfather.

1 comment:

Emily on the Southern Prairie said...

Wow! That looks like 55 acres instead of 5.5! Dreamy either way.