"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, January 6, 2011

Classes

Tonight hubby and I go to our first of 4 Pre-Natal classes at the hospital. He is nervous :) I am 'interested'. I want to take in as much as I can. I visited my good friend last night who had her third child a week ago today. She does everything with such ease; like an old pro. I am freaking out thinking how will I ever remember all this. How will I know how much to feed and when.

Don't laugh, but then I thought back to when I first entertained the notion of owning my own horse and I freaked out thinking how could I possibly know how to correctly feed this beast!? Now, it is just second nature. So, I assume it will be the same for a child, but when you dive in head first for the first time, it can be scary.

So, stay tuned for the verdict. Will the class go smooth? Will hubby be the one to make audible grossed out noises without realizing it? Will he pass out? Will he cause me to be half of the immature couple snickering at the ridiculous videos of women in lingerie giving birth and nursing? My money's on the immature, snickering couple ;) ha!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Good luck & have fun...you guys are going to be great parents!!! xoxo Beth

Rachel said...

Hi Allison, thanks for your comments! :)

Oh man, prenatal classes...that's something I've put to the back of my mind and I know I'll have to schedule sometimee soon, too! I'm very nervous about all of it myself!

But I'm excited for my next ultrasound on Monday, just a few short days away...we find out if we're having a little girl or a little boy! :)

Simple Elements Design said...

You will do great. Best piece of advice I got - ignore everyone's delivery stories. It isn't that awful - if it was, most people would only have one child! Enjoy this magical time. It flies by far too quickly.