"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Thursday, January 20, 2011

Keepin' It Real...

Is it wrong that I wear my Muck Boots into work?

It is winter time in NE Ohio and I still have to dress nice for work - i.e. dress shoes and snow don't mix. And wet socks and pants bottoms make for a crabby day.

And these boots keep my feet nice and toasty and my pants bottoms dry. Heck, when I walk the dogs in the morning, I don't even bother putting on socks -- even when it is single digits out.

But I glanced at them today sitting in the corner of my office at work, freshly caked with shavings and mud or manure or both or god knows what and thought 'Wonder what people think when they see me walking in wearing these?' and then I thought, 'Gosh, I really don't care!'

Then I thought, well maybe I could have ran them under the outdoor water spicket so they didn't look so gross sitting in my office. Hubby wanted to know if my office smells like manure? I don't *think* it does....but that is one of those smells I have become 'accustomed' too! So I guess I am waiting for someone to tell me.

And even when they do, I will still wear these boots into work as long as it is snowing here in Ohio!

P.S. Mom ... don't be mortified.

4 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Hahahahahhaa, totally awesome! Muck boots are warm! I need a pair.

Amy said...

If it's wrong, I don't want to be right! I wear mine everywhere. :)

Unknown said...

ha! I love it Amy! And I agree! I do wear mine everywhere too ;)

suzanne said...

oooh I can smell them from here~! LUV YOUR BOOTS!! I am back for a visit and wow your pregnancy photo's are gorgeous Alison. What a happy time for both of you. I have missed visiting... I hope you are well.

Lots of love
Suzanne