"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Just Label It! Campaign



Have you heard about the Just Label It! Campaign?
I just found out about this over at The Mountain Rose Herb Blog. And I think it is a FANTASTIC idea!

Trying to read labels and decipher what the ingredients are anymore is taxing, no? What a nightmare.
And with all the advertising and marketing ploys out there, it just makes things worse! Check out this post from The Healthy Home Economist - what a perfect example.

When I go to purchase meat, I would want to know if it was genetically modified...because I wouldn't buy it! And seeing as the percentage of GMO food in the US is unreal, I assume the FDA doesn't require labeling because profits would tank. Just my thought though!

Check out the Just Label It! website, tell the FDA you want your food labeled and spread the word!


3 comments:

Debi said...

I will do just that~!~ I really try to purchase any meat from a local source. What a difference in the taste and hardly no fat!

Susan said...

I'm a stickler on reading labels, especially since Kelly passed away. Thank you for the info on the web site. It's important to know where our food comes from and what else is in it.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this! I hate that GMO foods aren't labeled I'm so suspicious of all foods that come into our house :(