"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday Sharing & Apples


We are approaching Mid-October and we're over knee high in apples!
More apples than I can sell and more than I know what to do with.


We are also knee deep in car negotiations - ugh - this must be one of my least favorites things to do!!

Anyways, back to the apples. I think I'll try my hand at some homemade [small batch] cider and some homemade apple juice. We'll see how it goes; I will let you know!


In the mean time, I must share this recipe for a Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte - chilled. It is delish -- my new favorite drink! I can't stop making it! I even had to make one for the road when we went car shopping over the weekend! And, it is a great way to use up the leftover coffee from the morning.

Also, so cool, this post on skin care with real food from Real Food Freaks!

And, I must try this Cool Rise Sandwich Bread recipe from Barefeet in the Kitchen. I never have luck with any kind of yeast bread recipe, but maybe I will with this one? I'd love to have a go to bread recipe.

Happy Monday!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I made apple pie in a jar this weekend. i was going to blog it but blogged about processing honey.
It was delish! I'll post when I get it blogged. It was also super easy!!!
I will be trying to ice drink you posted...they are my favorites!

Unknown said...

Yummy on the iced coffee, I actually cold brew my coffee that I used for my iced coffee and the sweetner that I use is condensed milk - I got the receipe off the pioneer woman and its to die for. Im about to switch over to hot coffee but I will keep this for next year to try.

In regards to bread...hehe im lazy I use the bread maker :)

Jen said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing my post! I just saw that someone came to the post via your blog. Glad you thought it was cool and that I didn't scare you away with my naked pics. :) Ha Ha.

Mary said...

I hope you do try the bread, Allison. It is delicious and much simpler than a lot of bread recipes that I've made before. Your pumpkin latte sounds delicious! (and I'm not even a coffee drinker)

Susan said...

I'm just about ready to start some pumpkin bread, but looking at all those apple, I may incorporate apple into it. I certainly will be making apple pie soon since our apples are coming in here in Washington.
Unfortunately, I'm not a coffee drinker--weird living in Seattle and not liking it, but that's me. XOXO

meemsnyc said...

Wow, those apples look amazing! Do you have a food dehydrator? You can make dried apples, or if you don't have a food dehydrator, I've seen this recipe on food network for apple chips. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alexandra-guarnaschelli/apple-chips-recipe/index.html
I haven't tried it before but it looks good.

Kim said...

Too many apples is quite a problem to have. A problem but a delicious one.

The pumpkin latte sounds wonderful. Will have to try it.