"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, March 5, 2012

Hip Mountain Mama Review

I was selected to be a member of the Hip Mountain Mama Sisterhood! For those unfamiliar, Hip Mountain Mama is a Handmade, Sustainable and Fair Trade online store. As part of the sisterhood, I was able to choose an item to be sent to me to do a review on.


I chose the Organic Peace Knee Hi Socks! (Of course I did, right!) Since I am known to not really worry about matching my socks, I thought these would fit my collection nicely! Knee highs are a bonus in the winter so when I go to work, I don't have to wear long underwear under my pants!


I loved the socks! They didn't slouch down on me during the day, which is a bonus. And they have a nice, soft feel to them. I waited to write this review until I was able to wash them a few times so I could attest to how they held up in the wash.Though they are a thinner sock, they are holding up nicely and still keep my feet warm. I have washed them about half a dozen times already. I don't have much experience with organic cotton yet, so I assume it has a naturally 'thinner' feeling to it, yet it still keep my tootsies warm :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I just had a flash back to the 60s seeing those peace signs! The socks look comfy and warm, especially if this winter is going to hold on a little longer.<3