"Gypsy gold does not chink and glitter. It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark."

~ Saying of the Gladdagh Gypsies of Galway


Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan, Memorial Day Week


Thank you to all who have served our country!
Happy Memorial Day.




Sunday: Grilled Quesadilla's
This was the first time we made Quesadilla's on the grill - they were awesome! And we had some fresh Cilantro in the herb garden to add! Topped with sour cream and lettuce from the garden.

Monday: Hamburgers on the grill, Sweet potato fries, salad with lettuce from the garden
I made a homemade 'Caper Dressing', for which I found the recipe in a old McCall's Cookbook that was a wedding present to my grandma :) Hubby & I love capers and this dressing doesn't disappoint! I will share the recipe soon.

Tuesday: Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo with broccoli and carrots

Wednesday: Scrambled Egg Burritos with Chard & Spinach from the garden and Breakfast Sausage
Yes, we have breakfast for dinner at least once a week...usually Monday's! It is too easy which is great!

Thursday: Bone-in Chicken Breast on the grill, Roasted Cauliflower, Salad with lettuce from the garden

Friday: Homemade Pizza on the grill :-)

Saturday: London Broil on the grill with baked potato's and salad with lettuce from the garden

The weather here is crazy hot and our AC is broke! Yes, I live with an HVAC man -- which also means if I want him to fix it for pennies on the dollar, I have to wait until the holiday weekend is over and he has access to the parts he needs from the supplier. *sigh* And then, it is supposed to go down to the 60's mid-week this week...what?! I hope my tomato and pepper plants can hang!



No comments: